SlickEdit is a cross-platform, multi-language code editor that gives programmers the ability to code in over 40 languages on 9 platforms. Designed by developers for developers, SlickEdit’s source code and text editor offers a broad set of coding tools and time-saving programming features.
Key features include:
- New UI Architecture: many dialogs and controls have been enhanced. The open/save file dialogs on Linux systems have also been greatly improved.
- Beautifier Enhancements: SlickEdit now features a new beautifier framework for C/C++ and Objective-C.
- Android SDK Projects: SlickEdit has a new Java project wizard that allows you to create and build Android applications and library projects.
- Document Overview Bar: a new document overview bar is now available in the editor control, attached to the vertical scrollbar.
- Expanded Auto-Complete Facility: the list members functionality of Context Tagging has been integrated into Auto-Complete so that there is one consistent symbol completion interface and one set of options for symbol completion.
- Improved Objective-C Language Support: auto-completion, context tagging and formatting of Objective-C has been greatly improved. Objective-C has also been incorporated into the new Beautifier framework.
- Support for Xcode 4 Workspaces: SlickEdit now supports Xcode 4 format .xcworkspace bundles.
- Ubuntu Unity Desktop: SlickEdit now properly supports the Unity Desktop's shared menu bar.
- New Build Tool Wizard: when you have a project open, the add new build tool menu item provides a fast and easy way to add custom build commands.