ScreenReader provides intelligent screen reading with natural voices, Dolphin Cursor and robust Braille support.
ScreenReader is specifically designed for people with blindness or anyone that has no useful sight. Because everything you need to know is spoken, or brailled, there's no struggling to see the screen - in fact you don't even need one!
Perfect for people that rely solely on speech output, use only Braille, or prefer a blend of both.
- Natural sounding male and female voices speak documents and apps out loud
- Intelligent screen reader allows you to control precisely what is announced
- Robust Braille output and input with more than 60 different displays
- Hundreds of main stream Office, web browser and leisure apps supported
- Dolphin Cursor to explore the screen and control the mouse pointer from the keyboard
- Get started quickly with: Setup Wizard, videos for learning and CAPS+F1 Help
- Easy to press hotkeys for reading the screen or changing settings on the fly
- Highly customisable: magnification, speech and Braille settings to suit you and your apps
- Access to books, news, podcasts and radio
- Scripting and API for developers to make almost any app accessible
- Available in more than 20 languages
- Specialist product support via phone, email or web
- Portable on the USB Dolphin Pen, install from DVD or as a download
- Languages supported: Arabic, Arabic (France), Belgian Dutch, Belgian French, Chinese (English), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English (Australia), English (South African), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish, French, German, Greek (English), Hindi, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Latin America), Swedish, Swedish (Arabic), Swiss German, Welsh
- NEW: Scan & Read (OCR) from the clipboard: New in the Bookshelf tab is the option to Scan and Read from the Clipboard. Ideal if you stumble across an inaccessible dialogue in an app or a meme on social media, take a screen grab of the dialog (press ALT and PRINT SCREEN) and ScreenReader’s new Scan and Read from the clipboard will read aloud the text.
- NEW: BAUM VarioUltra Braille display driver is now included
- NEW: Polish books now available via Bookshelf from DZDN: Browse and read more than 7000 DAISY books now available via the ScreenReader's Bookshelf feature, from leading Polish book library Dzial Zbiorów dla Niewidomych (DZDN). Search by author, title, book narrator, series and other options.