Idera SQL secure is a security analysis solution that identifies SQL Server
security violations and ensures security policies are enforced. Find out
who has access to what and identify each user’s effective rights across all
SQL Server objects. Alert on violations of your corporate policies, monitor
changes made to security settings, and provide security audit reports as well
as recommendations on how to improve your security model.
- Identify Vulnerabilities: Understand who has access to what and identify each user’s effective rights across all SQL Server objects. Drill down by user or group to shed light on areas where security vulnerabilities may exist or have a chance of developing. Use the report catalog to track vulnerabilities, security changes, and user entitlement over time.
- Set Strong Security Policies: View a complete history of SQL Server security settings and designate a baseline to compare against future changes, providing a valuable audit trail for forensic analysis.
- Prevent Security Violations: SQL secure provides an Idera defined Level 2 security check for balanced intrusion protection that leverages MSBPA and CIS guidelines, and more. The security report card identifies top security vulnerabilities on your servers. Each security check is categorised as High, Medium, or Low Risk. You can drill into each security check to get more detail.
- Analyse User Permissions: Analyse membership to powerful server roles and groups such as administrators, systems administrators, and security administrators to ensure the level of access is warranted. From a group, see the list of group members and select a member for further analysis. From a user, see the group memberships and drill upwards to view inherited permissions.
- Security Templates: We’ve taken the security standards most companies are held accountable to and developed customisable templates to extract the information needed to satisfy security auditor’s requirements. Choose from templates for PCI, HIPAA, and FERPA which leverage guidelines from STIG and CIS.