SQL Sentry Power Suite provides a complete performance monitoring and optimisation solution for Microsoft SQL Server by combining both SQL Sentry Event Manager and Performance Advisor for SQL Server.
Event Manager provides an Outlook-style calendar view across your servers to monitor jobs, packages, reporting services reports and other events.
Performance Advisor provides in-depth performance monitoring in real-time as well as historically on your SQL Servers and identfies top SQL statements, blocks and deadlocks.
SQL Sentry Power Suite is licenced per individual monitored Microsoft SQL Server instance. First year annual software maintenance is required and provides technical support via e-mail and phone, fixes and updates and free version upgrades.
- See your complex event schedules in a whole new light with Event Manager's robust, Outlook-style visual calendar with drag-and-drop rescheduling.
- The flexible interface allows simultaneous display of multiple calendars and graphs, and supports both full and split screen modes.
- Easily apply special alerting rules to the servers in different locations, with Shared Groups.
- Set exactly when contacts should be alerted using configurable ranges of time, for example "Business Hours" or "Weekends". You can even create compound windows which combine multiple windows together
- Displays exactly where the inherited settings are coming from, and allows you to Disable, Override, or Combine with an inherited condition action.
- Using a plug-in architecture, Event Manager Enterprise Edition seamlessly integrates event data from SQL Server, Oracle, Windows Scheduler and others together in one console, so you get the full picture.
Performance Advisor for SQL Server
- Monitors and displays Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SQL Server performance metrics, side-by-side in a single view.
- Index Grid View shows statistics about your individual indexes including size, average percentage fragmented, average percentage page space used and fill factor.
- Integrated Plan Explorer takes SQL query plan performance analysis to a higher level.
- View key performance metrics for all Windows, SQL Server and SSAS servers across your enterprise in one view.
- Hierarchical displays of all blocking process chains provides the most complete picture of blocks available for SQL server.
- Provides a complete picture of exactly which SQL Server processes are doing work on the server by automatically correlating trace and process activity date together for the first time.