Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
by Red Hat
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is a complete virtualisation management solution for servers, powered by the people who brought you Red Hat Enterprise Linux. With Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation, you can maintain business continuity. Scale and integrate both Linux and Microsoft Windows workloads. And extend beyond bare metal. All while taking advantage of the performance benefits, competitive pricing and trusted, stable environment you expect from Red Hat.
- Complete virtualisation management for servers and desktops on the same infrastructure. Built on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, it delivers reliable business agility and continuity for critical Linux and Microsoft Windows workloads at the scale you need.
- Offers robust Microsoft Exchange performance and high I/O throughput in Oracle database workloads.
- Works with Linux and Windows environments, and enterprise applications like Oracle, SAP, and SAS—freeing you from vendor lock-in.
- sVirt and SELinux provide kernel-level protection against hypervisor and guest exploits. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, including the KVM hypervisor, is Common Criteria EAL 4+ certified. And all security features are easy to use, administer, and manage, helping you:
- Protect multiple tenants.
- Fix critical vulnerabilities fast—most within 1 day.
- Protect data at rest or moving across the network.
- Reduce exposure with strict permissions.
- Simplify auditing with the complete separation of guests.
- Protect against malicious software attacks with cryptography.
- A component of Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure, which lets you build and manage private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS). By virtualising with Red Hat, you’re laying the foundation for a seamless path to your private and open hybrid cloud implementations.
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat CloudForms provide 1 easy-to-use management environment for your entire virtualisation infrastructure—including provisioning, deployment, and analysis. Manage tens, hundreds, or thousands of physical and virtual servers as easily as 1, and more accurately forecast hardware resources.
- Fully supported Storage Live Migration, allowing virtual machine images to be moved from one storage domain to another without disrupting service.
- Support for the latest industry-standard processors from Intel and AMD, including Intel Haswell series and AMD Opteron G5 processors;
- Enhancements in storage management, networking management, fencing and power management, Spice console enhancements, logging and monitoring and more.