Read and Write Standard text to speech software provides extensive tools including speech feedback, phonetic spell checking and homophone checking to help dyslexic people.
Providing support for dyslexic students and adults, Read and Write offers users speech feedback and word prediction for Windows programs - for example word processors, spreadsheet, DTP, encyclopedia, web page, Help file or an educational program.
Read and Write has been specifically designed for users with dyslexia and provides many tools to help access and compose written material. Features include high-quality speech feedback, phonetic spell checker, word prediction, dictionary and talking calculator.
The style of the toolbar can be customised to be appropriate to the age of the user. Users can chose whether they want basic or advanced word lists and definitions in the dictionary, word prediction list and homophone checker.
- Extensive speech feedback functions using the highest quality voices available. Speech feedback options allow users to hear text as they type letter by letter, word by word or sentence by sentence or have text highlighted as it is read out
- Synchronised speech with text highlighted within an application, in a separate windows or with one word displayed at a time
- Screen-reading options enable speech from icons, menus, help files and menus
- Spell checking as users type or by marked block. The spell checker includes medical and scientific words as well as town and city names
- Homophone support including highlighting confusable words within Word documents
- Phonetic spell checking gives Spelt Alike and Sounds Alike suggestions
- Word suggestion and completion ("word prediction") for slow typists based on sentence context and specialist dictionaries
- Spoken selection lists for spelling, prediction and dictionary
- Simple calculator with in-built speech functions
- Speaking Help file
- Abbreviation expansion
- Automatic word endings
- Extensive, speech-enabled dictionary with a choice of basic or advanced definitions
- Word Wizard word finder that combines dictionary and thesaurus.