Texthelp's flexible Read&Write literacy software solutions for the Desktop, Cloud, and iPad help struggling readers and writers and English Language Learners access the support tools they need at school, work, or home. Read&Write ensures every learner has the tools necessary to reach their potential, build confidence and independence, and succeed.
Perfect for all ages and abilities - schools, colleges, and universities choose Read&Write to provide powerful support features to their students while corporations and individuals choose it for use at home and in the workplace.
Read&Write 11.5 with Microsoft Office 365 support is now available.
- New Toolbar and Icons: Toolbar and icon options now include 'Clear Style', and 'Clear Style Colour' along with the 'Professional' and 'Fun' icon sets.
- New Text-to-Speech Voices: Nuance Vocaliser expressive male and female American voices have been added to the wide range of voices.
- Support for Google Docs: While working in a Google document in Chrome, access Read&Write Gold support tools from the toolbar, including Text-to-Speech, Spell Checker, Text and Picture Dictionaries, Word Prediction, Homophones/Confusable Checkers, Study Skills, Vocabulary Builder and more.
- Word Banks: 150+ online subject-specific word banks are included for use with word prediction and word cloud.
- Word Cloud: Use Word Banks or selected texts to create and display word lists or 'clouds' for use when writing, filling in worksheets or taking tests.
- Voice Note: Record a voice note and insert it directly into a Word document.
- Phonetic Spell Checker: Use collocated words - words found on either side of the word - to provide more accurate suggestions.
- Word Predictions: Access Word Banks with 1 million + of the most common English phrases and 150+ subject-specific Word Banks.
- Dictionary: Google Dictionary is now the default online dictionary.
- Verb Checker: Users can insert the correct verb selection directly into a Word or Google document.
- Screenshot Reader: administrators can disable the 'Screenshot to MS Word' functionality when not allowed such as in a testing situation.
- Screen Masking: Used over a dual monitor.
- Speech Maker: When selected text is placed into the dialog box, it can be edited prior to creating an audio file.
- DAISY Reader: Open University DAISY book are now supported.
- Scanning: ABBYY Version 7 is now supported, including Scan to ePub.
- Calculator: 4-digit numbers in the calculator no longer reads 'and' aloud when the calculationg is spoken.