ReSharper brings smart C# code analysis, editing, highlighting and refactoring features to .NET developers. ReSharper extends much of its support to VB.NET, build scripts, ASP.NET, XML and XAML files. All ReSharper features are available in mixed solutions where different projects use .NET Framework, .NET Compact Framework, Silverlight, as well as other frameworks and tools from the Visual Studio ecosystem.
ReSharper is available in the following editions:
- Full Edition: Includes all supported languages and technologies, particularly the cross-language functionality between C# and VB.NET.
- C# Edition: Provides full edition functionality but doesn’t work with VB.NET source code.
- Visual Basic .NET Edition: Provides full edition functionality but doesn’t work with C# source code or provide decompiling functionality.
Key Benefits of ReSharper:
- Instantly Traverse Your Entire Solution: Navigation features to instantly traverse your entire solution. You can jump to any file, type, or type member in no time, or navigate from a specific symbol to its usages, base and derived symbols, or implementations.
- Eliminate Errors And Code Smells: Instant fixes to eliminate errors and code smells. Not only does ReSharper warn you when there's a problem in your code but it provides quick-fixes to solve them automatically.
- Enjoy Code Editing Helpers: Multiple code editing helpers including extended IntelliSense, hundreds of instant code transformations, auto-importing namespaces, rearranging code and displaying documentation.
- Safely Change Your Code Base: Automated solution-wide code refactorings to safely change your code base. Whether you need to revitalise legacy code or put your project structure in order, you can lean on ReSharper.
- Comply to Coding Standards: Code formatting and cleanup functionality is at your disposal to get rid of unused code and ensure compliance to coding standards.