ReSharper brings smart C# code analysis, editing, highlighting and refactoring features to .NET developers. ReSharper extends much of its support to VB.NET, build scripts, ASP.NET, XML and XAML files. All ReSharper features are available in mixed solutions where different projects use .NET Framework, .NET Compact Framework, Silverlight, as well as other frameworks and tools from the Visual Studio ecosystem.
ReSharper 2016.2 adds initial support for ASP.NET Core 1.0 RTM; introduces structural navigation in your code with Tab; enables solution-wide analysis to indicate warnings in addition to errors; adds Go to Text for textual search across your solution. Other ReSharper Ultimate family products such as dotTrace and ReSharper C++ receive important updates, too.
ReSharper is available in the following editions:
- ReSharper: Includes all supported languages and technologies, particularly the cross-language functionality between C# and VB.NET.
- ReSharper Ultimate: ReSharper Ultimate is a license that combines all individual JetBrains .NET tools, as well as ReSharper C++. Each ReSharper Ultimate license allows a single developer to use ReSharper, ReSharper C++, dotCover, dotTrace and dotMemory.
Benefits of ReSharper:
- Refactorings: 40+ refactorings and 200+ context actions help safely organise code and move it around the solution, distribute responsibility, decouple, decrease complexity, or simply use alternative language syntax.
- Navigation and Search: ReSharper helps instantly land at any code in a solution, no matter how large it is. It can also navigate you from any symbol to related code such as implementations of a given interface, extension methods of a class, or usages of a field.
- Code generation: ReSharper can create a lot of code for you: from new files and classes to conditional blocks and GUIDs; from methods and properties required by an interface being implemented to equality checks and formatting members.