Novell Open Enterprise Server extends the capabilities of the SUSE Linux Enterprise platform by adding advanced networking, security and management services. With the integrated upgrade and migration utilities included in Novell Open Enterprise Server, you can introduce Linux at your own pace. Moreover, common utilities enable you to simplify the management of your mixed-platform environment at a reduced cost.
Key features include:
- Novell Storage Services: provide file access for clients, servers and protocols, while strengthening security access, protecting against file corruption and increasing the ease with which users and applications can fully share files with other users.
- Dynamic Storage Technology: reduce storage management costs, facilitate regulatory compliance and improve backup and recovery of your critical data.
- Novell iFolder: store, access, organise and manage your files from anywhere at any time. As an encrypted online file synchronisation and online transfer tool, Novell iFolder gives you worry-free security, ensuring that user files are always safe, secure and up to date, while allowing you to share information with others with web access.
- Novell iPrint Server: allows network managers to maintain one repository of printer drivers locally for all users to leverage automatically and as-needed.
- Novell iPrint Client: reduces helpdesk calls and the complexity of printer set-ups by enabling end users to easily locate and install printers using a browser and an office floor plan.
- Native Mac Client Access: without installing any additional software, the Novell AFP support in Novell Open Enterprise Server lets you copy, delete, move, create, save and open network files from your Mac as if you were accessing them locally.