EMCO MSI Package Builder is an installation authoring tool designed to help administrators create, maintain and distribute Windows Installer packages. It can be used to create MSI packages easily, to modify existing installations and to repackage setups from the EXE to MSI format.
The application simplifies installation authoring by making use of the visual editor and changes tracking technology, which is used to generate installation project data. To create an MSI, you can certainly follow the traditional way and specify the installation resources and actions through the visual editor, but it is more efficient to use the Live Monitoring technology. When monitoring is enabled, the application detects the file system and registry changes undertaken on a PC and uses them to build an MSI. You can make the required changes manually to get an installation that will reproduce them or monitor actions of the existing installations in order to convert them from the EXE to MSI format.
MSI Package Builder is available in the following editions:
- Starter Edition: Features an intuitive visual MSI editor that can be used to build MSI packages easily.
- Professional Edition: Includes a visual editor and a changes monitor. It can be used to create MSI packages manually by means of the editor or automatically with the help of the changes monitor. It allows EXE to MSI repackaging and modifying existing installations.
- Enterprise Edition: An advanced builder and repackager that can be used to create MSI packages and convert complex installations into the MSI format. Its changes monitor can track service installations and environment variables changes.
- Create MSI Automatically: Create an MSI using a truly visual approach by performing the required installation actions on your PC. MSI Package Builder will track your changes and make an MSI file for you automatically.
- Convert EXE to MSI: An easy EXE to MSI repackaging helps you to convert legacy EXE setups that require interactive installation into the MSI format to prepare them for a silent remote deployment.
- Customise Existing Installations: Change existing installations to meet your needs by repackaging them into MSI packages and use the visual editor to apply changes.
- Build MSI for Remote Installation: All produced setup files can be deployed onto remote PCs within a LAN by using Group Policy (GPO) or EMCO Remote Installer.