JAWS is a screen reader which allows visually impaired users to work with Microsoft and IBM Lotus Symphony applications. Developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content, JAWS reads aloud what's on the PC screen.
JAWS enables you to work with Lotus Symphony, a suite of IBM tools for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation creation and with Lotus Notes by IBM. JAWS also is compatible with Microsoft Office Suite, MSN Messenger, Corel WordPerfect, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Internet Explorer, Firefox and many more applications that are used on a regular basis on the job and in school.
- Talking installation - fast and easy.
- Two multi-lingual speech synthesisers - Eloquence and Vocaliser with great natural-sounding speech. Sample and download Vocaliser voices.
- DAISY-formatted basic training in text and audio.
- More than 15 years experience working with Windows, distributed in 55 countries, and translated into 24 languages.
- JAWS 11.0.1467 and later supports dual monitors.
- Research It at your fingertips - fast and simple to look up information like definitions, sport scores, area codes, stock listings, and more.
- Convenient OCR - with just a few simple keystrokes, access any image on the screen that includes text.