Flexera’s InstallShield is a strategic installation development solution designed to enable development teams to be more agile, collaborative and flexible when building reliable InstallScript and Windows Installer (MSI) installations for desktop, server, web and mobile applications.
- Simplify using multi-tier templates to deploy your Web/Server applications as a single cloud-ready package.
- Streamline configuration by automating installing Windows roles and features and running PowerShell scripts.
- Create pure 64-bit installations that use 64-bit custom actions.
- Build both physical installations and virtual application packages from the same build process and ensure compatibility with preferred enterprise application virtualisation technologies, includes new Microsoft App-V 5.0 support.
- Optimise installers for Windows 8 using new Wizard design capabilities, new Start Screen icon pinning options, and new validation tests.
- Supports Microsoft Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 and Visual Studio 2012.
- Enables hybrid cloud deployments with Microsoft SQL Azure database scripting capabilities.
- Automatically checks and downloads updates and patches at run-time.
- Enables the enterprise transformation with support for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and PowerShell.
- Provides deep insight to the install base by connecting you to customers with an automated update and patch solution.
InstallShield is available in the following editions:
- InstallShield Express Edition: Enables software developers and setup authors to create reliable Windows Installer (MSI) installations. It comes with an Project Assistant which is a wizard that guides developers through the MSI installation creating process, step-by-step.
- InstallShield Professional Edition: Ideal for both novice and seasoned software installation developers and has all the functionality of the Express Edition and installation customisation, support for 64-bit installations, InstallScript custom actions for MSI projects, support for .NET Framework 4.0, IIS 7.0, Windows Server 2008 R2, Direct X 9.0c and Windows Mobile platforms, Windows 7 installation support, one free Standalone Build licence. A Virtualisation Pack is available as an option to support the building of Microsoft App-V virtual packages.
- InstallShield Premier Edition: All the capabilities of the Professional Edition and Best Practices Validation Suite alert, InstallShield Repackager, multi-lingual support, network repositories, trial versions creation, five free Standalone Build licences and Build Events. InstallShield Premier Edition is available with a node-locked or concurrent licence. A Virtualisation Pack is available as an option to support the building of Microsoft App-V virtual packages.
For further details or pricing information, please call +44 (0)20 8733 7101 or email email@example.com