Enterprise Architect is a visual platform for designing and constructing software systems, for business process modeling and for more generalised modeling purposes. Enterprise Architect is based on the latest UML 2.5 specification. UML defines a visual language that is used to model a particular domain or system (either proposed or existing). Enterprise Architect is a progressive tool that covers all aspects of the development cycle, providing full traceability from the initial design phase through to deployment, maintenance, testing and change control.
Enterprise Architect is available in the following editions:
- Desktop Edition: A cost effective solution for UML and business process modeling, visualisation and test management. It is targeted at the individual analyst or developer that requires a flexible modeling environment with support for end to end traceability from mind mapping through to requirements and deployment. The Desktop Edition supports version control integration and profile/meta-model extensibility coupled with HTML and rich text report generation.
- Professional Edition: The Professional Edition is a powerful modeling and visualisation tool aimed at work groups, analysts and developers. It supports shared projects through replication, shared network files and version control integration. Edition features include code and database engineering, MDG technologies, mind mapping, a project discussion forum and RTF report customisation.
- Corporate Edition:
The Corporate Edition of Enterprise Architect is a comprehensive modeling solution targeted at larger development teams. Supporting a rich feature-set including model auditing, version control, role based security, mind mapping, the option for a DBMS repository, MDG Technology creation and utilisation, shared models, debug and visualisation for running applications and more. Automation interface access gives other applications the ability to create, access and modify Enterprise Architect UML elements.
- Business and Software Engineering Edition: For the software development professional, business modeler, architect, requirements expert, project manager or those involved in the design and construction of quality software and business services, this new edition of Enterprise Architect has the features and built in tools to help the individual or the team deliver the best solution possible.
- Systems Engineering Edition: As a systems and software development professional working on real-time, embedded and systems solutions using UML, SysML, DDS and related technologies, this new edition of Enterprise Architect has features and built in tools to help you and your team deliver the best solution possible.
- Ultimate Edition: For power users and those working across multiple domains, the Ultimate Edition offers the complete Enterprise Architect experience. With deep support for Business Modeling, Software Engineering and Systems development, seamlessly integrated into a single development environment, you and your team can always remain in touch and in control of even the most complex and exacting projects.