Enterprise Architect is a visual platform for designing and constructing software systems, for business process modeling and for more generalised modeling purposes. It is a progressive tool that covers all aspects of the development cycle, providing full traceability from the initial design phase through to deployment, maintenance, testing and change control.
Enterprise Architect is based on the latest UML 2.4 specification. UML defines a visual language that is used to model a particular domain or system (either proposed or existing).
Enterprise Architect is available in the following editions:
- Desktop Edition: For UML and business process modelling, visualisation and test management.
- Professional Edition: Modelling and visualisation tool aimed at work groups, analysts and developers.
- Corporate Edition: Comprehensive modelling product for larger development teams.
- Business and Software Engineering Edition: For the software development professional, business modeller, architect, requirements expert, project manager or simply involved in the design and construction of quality software and business services.
- Systems Engineering Edition: For users working on real-time, embedded and systems solutions using UML, SysML, DDS and related technologies.
- Ultimate Edition: For users working across multiple domains, you and your team can always remain in touch and in control of even the most complex and exacting projects.