Dragon enables users to interact with their PC's by voice. With Dragon desktop dictation solutions, users can create and edit documents or email without typing. Dragon gives you the freedom to interact with your computer in a more natural environment, so users can focus more on the actual content of your documents instead of the manual task of typing. Create documents and email simply by speaking, control your computer by voice and quickly capture your thoughts and ideas.
It is available in the following editions:
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home: For home users and consumers
- Dragon Professional Individual: Offers additional features and capabilities for business users, advanced users and enterprise-wide deployment
- Dragon Professional Group: Enterprise ready speech recognition software features powerful, easily sharable customisation and integrates into current workflows to drive productivity for multiple employees at work.
New Audio Input Options (not available for Dragon Home):
- iPhone as Wireless Microphone: With the introduction of the free Dragon Remote Microphone application (available in the Apple app store), users can achieve the same accurate transcription using a device many already have: ie their iPhone. The Dragon Remote Microphone app converts a user's iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4, iPad and iPad 2 or iPod Touch 4th gen running iOS 4.2, or later into a wireless microphone via WiFi.
Time-Saving Voice Commands:
- New Facebook and Twitter Commands: Users can update Facebook by saying "Post to Facebook", "Post to Facebook [text]," or "Post that to Facebook." Tweets are captured by voice: a user selects dictated or typed text (via mouse or voice command), and says "Post that to Twitter." Additional Twitter commands include "Tweet [text]" (English only) and "Post to Twitter [text]."
- New Text Formatting Commands: The new "Quote that" and "Bracket that" commands can be applied to the last utterance or current selection. In addition, the new "Empty Quotes" and "Empty Brackets" commands can be used if a customer knows ahead of time the next utterance should be quoted/bracketed.
- Improved Microsoft Office 2013 commands: The French and German editions of Dragon incorporate a broader variety of available commands.
Improved Correcting and Editing:
- Handling Multiple Matches in Text: Ability to apply correcting, formatting and editing commands to one or all items when the command could apply to multiple instances of text. "Undo all" command. The new command is active only immediately after the user gives a "Choose all" command.
- More Usable Spelling Window: The Spelling Window (allowing users to type or spell out something Dragon was not able to transcribe) is now resizable horizontally and delivers more readable options for alternate words and phrases, making it more efficient for users to modify or correct text.