SharePoint Cross-Site Lookup allows you to look up and pull information from any site in a site collection, adds find-as-you-type functionality to your lookup field and filters items displayed in the lookup field according to a view defined in the source list (the list the information is being looked up from).
Key features include:
Lookup information from SharePoint lists in other sites.
- Filter column values by selecting list views.
- Find-as-you-type functionality.
- Convert between SharePoint Lookup column, Cross-Site Lookup column and Cascaded Lookup column.
- Look up items in folder mode.
- Remove duplicated lookup items.
- Supports look up information from "Date and Time" and "Number" columns.
- Supports displaying additional columns from lookup lists.
- Supports adding new items in the source lookup lists with the “Create new item…” link.
- Supports Cross-site lookup as site column.
- Improved lookup performance.
- Supports exporting Cross-Site Lookup column data to Microsoft Excel.
- Link SharePoint lists to Microsoft Access databases so that you can view and edit Cross-Site Lookup column data.
- Supports exporting Cross-Site Lookup column data to Microsoft Access databases.
- Supports managing Cross-Site Lookup column data in Microsoft Word.
- Supports syncing Cross-Site Lookup column data to SharePoint Workspace.