CorelCAD is 2D and 3D design software that offers native DWG file support, industry-standard CAD features and customisable tools. CorelCAD enables users to use native DWG, high-performance CAD design solutions. Users can open, work with and save files in DWG format for collaboration with colleagues, suppliers and partners.
Communicate ideas using customisable 2D and 3D design tools. Innovative features like VoiceNotes lets users add messages and instructions to drawings. CorelDRAW and Corel DESIGNER compatibility is another key feature. CorelCAD is built for both Windows and Mac OS platforms.
- Native DWG Files: Open, work with and save files in DWG format for worry-free collaboration with colleagues, suppliers and partners.
- Industry-Standard CAD Features: CorelCAD is compatible with all major CAD programs, so experienced users will feel comfortable with the familiar command bar and more.
- Efficient User Interface: Work more efficiently with dockable toolbars, right-click shortcut menus and a Properties palette.
- Legacy File Format Support: Save drawings back to R12 DWG or DXF format to work with them on legacy hardware devices or using older software.
- Entity Snaps: Use CorelCAD smart tools, such as entity snap and guides to work faster
- Entity Grips: Save time using entity grips to quickly reposition, align, copy or resize entities.
- Properties Docker and Property Painter: Manipulate entity attributes, such as layer, colour, line style and more with the Properties palette or copy properties from other entities.
- Custom Coordinates: Create custom coordinate systems to align the construction plane to drawing objects.
- PDF and DGN Underlay Functionality: Attach one or more pages of a PDF document to your drawing and control the layer visibility and clipping (masking areas) of the PDF Underlay.
- Print 3D Designs from CorelCAD: Export multiple 3D solid objects to STL (Stereolithography), the most commonly used file format for 3D prints (used as processing format in 3D printers).
- Print Configurations for Advanced Printing Options: Save your print settings for individual layout sheets using the new Print Configuration Manager in CorelCAD!
- Annotation and Collaboration: Take collaboration a step further with the innovative VoiceNotes tool, which lets you add recorded messages, reminders or instructions directly in your drawing.
- Work with GIS Files: Visualise maps and geographic models created by geographic information systems (GIS) applications with support for ESRI Shape (*.shp) files.
- Pack & Go Command: Create a package (ZIP archive or folder) containing the current drawing and its dependent files, such as References.
- Extend Your Productivity: Take advantage of support for LISP and Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA)*.
- Add-ons and Enhancements: Access the plug-in store for third-party enhancements to CorelCAD that can help you automate tasks or add new functionality to the application.
- Interface Customisation: Create and store multiple configurations of the interface in user profiles—no programming knowledge req.
- CorelCAD 2014 Windows Ribbon UI: Switch between familiar workflow-oriented Ribbon workspaces* or classic CAD workspace to maximise user efficiencies. Migrate from other CAD programs directly to CorelCAD Ribbon UI* elements.
- Design Resources: With the new comprehensive Design Resources, users can instantly find, access and manage design components like blocks, styles, drawings and images for use within and across a variety of CAD projects.
- CAD File Standards Verification: CorelCAD 2014 can verify a CAD drawing against drawing standards such as those stored in DWS files. This verification will detect and repair industry standard violations to ensure compliant CAD drawings.
- QuickGroup: CAD drawing shortcuts are easy to access and made simple with the handy group and ungroup options that are implemented with only two clicks.
- Find Application and Drawing Settings Quickly: Search by keywords to quickly find and modify application settings, user preferences, drafting style settings or drawing file properties. Simply type the name of a setting, tool or area of interest.