Column/View Permission 4.0 can enhance what out-of-box Sharepoint cannot provide. Administrators have the advantage of assigning Users and User Groups all relative permissions at Column and View level. Permissions can even be defined using specific conditions.
With a newly designed UI, Column/View Permission 4.0 is now clear and easy to use. This upgrade provides the ability to hide columns in datasheet view; a new central area for viewing and managing permissions; and a new preview function which helps administrators quickly understand permissions for different users and groups.
Key features include:
- Hide columns in datasheet view to protect confidential columns from being seen and edited. (only for SharePoint 2010)
- Central page for permissions for easier viewing and management of permission parts (only for SharePoint 2010)
- Preview permission part to quickly understand permissions for different users and groups. (only for SharePoint 2010)
- More powerful conditions allowing permissions to be assigned based on title,department and so on. (only for SharePoint 2010)
- Hide or read-only columns in list so unauthorised users will not see or edit the columns in list.
- Hide columns in Alert Me allowing emails to be sent without the risk of exposing sensitive data.
- Customised Conditions can determine access rights and be set to fully visible, read-only, or hidden.
- Hide or read-only views in list so that vital content cannot be seen or edited.
- Disable ribbon menus to prevent users or groups access to some Sharepoint functions
- Extra Protection against Access from Web Services to protect against unauthorised users viewing or editing data via web services.
- Column/View Permission API provides easy compatibility with your own applications.