ChangeVue is a simplified version control system with very few pre-requisites. It integrates directly with PrimalScript, Visual Studio, as well as any other SourceSafe compatible editor, or can be used entirely on its own. It follows the basic model of check-in / check-out and automatically retains old versions of checked-in files and allows you to review and retrieve older versions at any time.
- Simplified Version Control: ChangeVue was designed to be fast and easy to use. No complicated setup procedures. Whether you use standard security or the enhanced security, our 3-step setup wizard walks you through the process. There are no arcane commands to learn. Add files and folder with a single command.
- Multiple IDE Support: Keep your existing development tools. Add simplified version control. ChangeVue supports Microsoft's Source Code Control API (MSCCAPI). This support allows ChangeVue to plug into many major IDEs such as Visual Studio, PrimalScript and a number of other popular editors.
- Synchonisation View: ChangeVue's exclusive Project Compare (folder/repository synchronisation view) visually informs you about the status of files in your repository as compared to the files on your local drive. Missing files, missing checked out files, mismatched files, etc. are tagged to make updating your local environment easy and quick.
- Multiple Repositories: Keep your source documents organised. With ChangeVue you can connect to multiple source control repositories at a time. So if you have different groups that have no need to see another's documents, you can create multiple repositories and keep each group separate. If any group needs to cross over and have access to another repository, it is simple to give them access and they can have simultaneous access to any repository.
- Multi-document Interface: A tabbed multi-document user interface allows you to view and edit multiple file histories, difference views, search results, text and binary editors and more, all at the same time.
- Drag and Drop: Not only are our commands easy to use and remember, but ChangeVue's simple drag and drop operations make moving or copying files, folder or projects easy and fast. You can even create a new project folder or add files to an existing project using drag and drop.
- Built-in Editor: Sometimes you just need to make a quick change in a document without the hassle of starting your development environment. ChangeVue includes an integrated syntax coloring editor that makes minor changes in your source easy and effortless.
- Built-in Differencing Tools: Its easy to determine if a local copy of a file is different from the one in the repository. ChangeVue includes flexible difference tools which makes it easy for you to view local vs repository file differences with syntax coloring.