Canvas 14 is how engineers and technical graphics professionals illustrate and communicate with confidence. Canvas’ minimum precision levels and powerful object illustration and image editing tools ensure that the accuracy of your data is maintained from import right through to publication and beyond. Accelerate and streamline your technical illustration workflow from initial import and design to final presentation, facilitate collaboration, and improve your overall productivity with this complete technical illustration software solution.
Current Features Include:
Symbol Pen allows creaton of custom pen strokes made from symbols.
- Symbol Library includes thousands of commonly used and highly specialised technical symbols or users can create your own.
- Smart Vector Fill: fill or color the intersections of multiple vector objects with a single click.
- Smart Join: quickly and intuitively rejoin segmented objects into a singular object.
- Perimeter-based Illustration Scaling: scale simple or composite vector objects based on area or perimeter values.
- Support for AutoCAD 3D
- CGM4 File Support, including WebCGM
- Exact Geometry: enables users to import and export an object's exact geometry, allowing for integration with Microsoft Excel and specialised software.
- View EXIF Metadata: access a digital photo image's EXIF metadata properties and view information such as data and time and camera settings.
- Greater Link Control: add hyperlinks to graphics, images or text, and then export your documents to Adobe PDF or HTML with links intact.
- Automated Flowchart Tools
- Managing your work area: instantly display, re-arrange, float or dock multiple Canvas palettes, and use the navigation tabs to further organise your space.
- Workflow Enhancements: numerous enhanced user and dynamic interface (UI) elements and new shortcuts
- Vector object illustration and advanced raster image editing tools
- Import existing graphics from over a hundred different standard and specialised formats, including DXF, DWG, CGM, Adobe PDF, Scientific Imaging filters, and RAW picture files from leading camera manufacturers.
- Illustrate, edit and augment all forms of complex visual objects
- Handle text with ease: Add professionally formatted and fully editable text to vector objects and raster images.
- Engineering: Canvas fully integrates with complex engineering work environments.Many features including 3D View and CGM support, CAD-inspired dimensioning tools, and its overall precision and accuracy.
- In specialised workflows that require high level format support and sophisticated methods of data acquisition, visualisation and analysis, Canvas has the ability to accurately measure, edit, and export digital images that contain up to 32 bits per channel of data.
- Create visuals from both raw and technical data. Choose from a variety of methods to input your exact coordinates, and Canvas, with its ability to represent any object property to within .035 microns, turns your data into strong, real-time visual content that you can then enhance, review and publish.
- Illustrate, edit and augment all forms of complex visual objects with Canvas's wide variety of professional tools and Sprite technology.
- Publish professionally: create professional publications and presentations, in collaboration with colleagues.