Backup Exec™ 15 delivers powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use backup and recovery designed for your entire infrastructure regardless of platform: virtual, physical or cloud. Advanced integration with the most recent releases of VMware and Hyper-V ensures recovery is fast and efficient. In a matter of minutes, you can recover anything including VMs, applications, databases, files, folders and granular application objects.
Eliminate niche solutions that increase management time, backup jobs, duplicate data, storage and costs with a single unified scalable solution that protects both virtual and physical.
- Get fast and reliable backups including backups of VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines and backups that leverage Backup Exec’s deduplication technology.
- Dramatically minimize downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it.
- Efficiently restore data directly from storage, which simplifies and speeds up recovery when you need it most. No more wasting valuable time and disk space mounting the backup job, determining what’s inside, and searching for specific data.
- Protect more data while minimizing backup windows, network traffic, and the disk space required for storing backup files with integrated deduplication and archiving technology.
- Minimize CPU, memory, and I/O load performance impacts on the virtual host when performing reliable and consistent application aware virtual machine backups.
- Manage your entire backup environment from a single management console saving you time, money and complexity.
Backup Exec is available in the following editions:
- Symantec Backup Exec 2015 (per module - media server, agent and option)
- Symantec Backup Exec 2015 V-Ray Edition (per occupied socket)
- Symantec Backup Exec 2015 Capacity Edition (per front-end TB)
- Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Series Appliance (per appliance)
- Symantec Backup Exec 2015 Small Business Edition (per server/virtual machine)