Symantec Backup Exec is an integrated product that protects virtual and physical environments, simplifies backup and disaster recovery and offers unmatched recovery capabilities. Powered by Symantec V-Ray technology, Backup Exec 2012 restores entire servers, critical Microsoft applications and VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments to dramatically minimise business downtime.
- Data protection and disaster recovery designed for physical and virtual environments in a single unified solution.
- Protect an unlimited number of virtual machines per host.
- Dramatically minimises downtime and data loss by rapidly recovering what you need, when you need it with a single click.
- Recover an entire system to the same hardware, entirely different hardware or virtual machine in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine.
- Easily reduce data backup storage by 10:1 and shrink the backup window while optimising network utilisation across physical and virtual environments.
- Eliminate point solutions, backup complexity, unnecessary storage growth, costs and risk with a single unified scalable solution.
Backup Exec is available in the following editions:
- Backup Exec 2012: Protects virtual and physical environments and simplifies both backup and disaster recovery.
- V-Ray Edition: Designed to completely protect your VMware or Hyper-V virtual environments. With advanced host-based virtual protection and integrated deduplication, the V-Ray Edition gives you worry-free backup and recovery for virtual machines and virtualised applications. Backup Exec also gives you granular recovery of entire virtual machines, single files, Active Directory objects, Exchange emails, or SharePoint documents from a single-pass and host-level backup.
- Small Business Edition: Complete data protection set-up in less than 10 minutes. One simple yet comprehensive package for data backup, system restoration and disaster recovery.
- Agents and Options: Backup Exec also offers many Agents and Options which enhance and extend platform and feature support for Backup Exec Environments.