Araxis Merge is a visual file comparison (diff), merging and folder synchronisation application for comparing and merging source code, web pages, XML and other text files with native application performance. Directly open and compare the text from Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), OpenDocument, PDF and RTF files, compare images and binary files, synchronise folders, perform code reviews and audits and work with folder hierarchies containing thousands of files.
Araxis Merge is available in the following editions:
- Standard Edition: Basic merging and comparison facilities, primarily for use by individuals.
- Professional Edition: Three-way merging and comparison facilites, suited to commercial settings, particularly team environments.
- For Legal and Publishing Professionals: Identify every change between different contract or manuscript drafts. Directly open and compare the text from Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), OpenDocument, PDF and RTF files. Copy text from other applications (such as Microsoft Word) and paste it directly into a text comparison window.
- For Software Engineers and Web Developers: compare, understand and combine different source file versions. Work quickly and accurately, whether you are comparing individual files or reconciling entire branches of source code. Use three-way comparison to integrate changes made by you, and those made by a colleague, with a common ancestor version. Synchronise a website with its staging area via ftp using the supplied ftp plugin.
- For Release and Quality Control Managers: Compare different source code branches to give total confidence that you know and understand every change made to every file for a specific release. Compare product releases to be certain that only the expected files have been modified. Create an html or xml report of changes for audit purposes.
- For Code Reviewers and Auditors: Identify in context every change made between two or three source code hierarchies. Create a standalone html or xml report of your findings. Add bookmarks and comments to a file or folder comparison, then save it as a single-file archive for emailing to other team members for review.
- Other Users: Save time and reduce errors by helping you to work quickly and accurately.