If you have purchased Merge, your serial number is evidence of your entitlement to use Merge and to receive any support and upgrades to which you may be entitled. You will need your serial number should you ever wish to re-install Merge.
One year of upgrade and support entitlement is included
- Entitlement to any upgrades (including major versions) of the product you have purchased that Araxis might release during your year of support.
- One year of access to standard Araxis technical support services (use the contact form to obtain support);
- Once your included period of support has expired:
- You can choose whether to renew support (which includes entitlement to upgrade to new versions of your product) for another year.
- Your current Merge installation will remain fully-functional whether or not you renew.
- You will need to renew support if you wish to access technical support or if you wish to be able to use releases of Merge made after your support expired.
The date when support expires is encoded within each Merge serial number. Each serial number only gives access to versions of Merge with a build date earlier than the encoded support expiry date.
Even if you do not renew upgrade/support entitlement, you can therefore carry on using versions of Merge with a build date earlier than your serial number’s support expiry date. However, if you wish to use versions of Merge released after your serial number’s expiry date, you will have to renew support to get a replacement serial number.