SharePoint AD Management Pack has SharePoint AD Self Service which allows users to update and maintain their own profiles. SharePoint Password change allows users to personally change their passwords before expiration to prevent system lockout. SharePoint AD Information Sync synchronises AD information with SharePoint lists to help keep both parallel. SharePoint AD Admin web part helps reduce overall workload for system admin by scope delegation.
By eliminating required prior interventions along with allowing staffs to proactively update their AD profiles, the system admin can perform more value added activities. All of these tools used together will contribute to reducing system administrator's workload.
SharePoint AD Management Pack comprises:
- SharePoint AD Self Service: enabes users to update and maintain custom profiles
- SharePoint Password Change: enables users to change passwords before expiry to prevent system lockout
- SharePoint AD Information Sync: synchronises AD information with SharePoint lists
- SharePoint AD Admin Web Part: reduce the workload of system administrators by enabling delegation.
- Allows administrator to permit any users the ability to change other's AD properties
- Change AD or Local NT passwords without administrator intervention
- Notify users before passwords expire
- Synchronise AD users, AD information, user photos, computers, contacts,
and OUs or any modifications made to SharePoint list with AD
- Warns users on password change failures or if password does not meet policy
- Manually or schedule an automatic synchronisation
- Administrator can grant any users with authoritative power to manage organisational units,
users and groups in AD
- Records operations into log files
- Send e-mail notifications to system administrators or managers once properties have been changed
- Administrator can decide delegation scope and permissions for each user
- With the permission of the administrator,
users can e-mail other users or groups directly from within AD admin web part
- Properties & tabs can be added or removed by the administrator from within the web part
- Change password to current logged in user only via main user menu in SharePoint
- Import/export sync profiles
- Customisable error messages
- Exclude specified information in sync process.